Monday, 20 May 2013

The Goals

So, I have my lofty project and a concrete end goal, but there's a timeline to it too. This summer has been disappointing in the job search department, and until my next semester of school starts up, there's a few months. So, my goal is to have fully written the novel, and done at least three full rounds of editing on it before the first of September.

Sounds like a short time line? Very. However, it's entirely achievable, as I managed to complete 50,000 words of the novel in a month in addition to keeping up with school work. Do I want to pour my heart and soul into this? Absolutely.

At this point, I'm not worrying about looking for publishers or an agent. This is just about me, the words, and the story I want to tell. Once that is through, then comes the quest for publishing.

One step at a time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment