Sunday, 19 May 2013

Not the beginning, but a beginning.

I've had a story kicking around in my head for a long time. Years, really. The characters were fleshed out, they had personalities, they had little backstories, but they didn't have what they needed most: a plot outline, and a novel to give them life.

Two (or was it three, I honestly can't remember) years ago, I participated in NaNoWriMo, aka National Novel Writing Month. I completed it, being left with a 50,000 word novel that had plot chunks missing for the sake of expediency. Schoolwork reared its head, and I put it to the side, promising myself to edit and finish this tale...and it's been a long time coming. I have finally started the first round of editing, but I haven't yet gotten to the parts that were left in point form.

This process, I realise, will be long, and it will be hard, and I will want to give up. This blog, even if it never gets a single reader, will be my commitment, my link to the world that promises that I will go through with this task that I have undertaken, and I will finally write a complete novel.

2 comments:

  1. COMMITMENT CONFIRMED. I'ma stalk you until you write and publish that book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, deal. I feel I should stalk you in return. :D

      Delete